|Government (political) Laws and Regulations
- Revision of Feed-in Tariff Scheme for Renewable Energy
- Deregulation of electric power industry, revision of power supply structure
- Flow of processes to implement carbon pricing
- Energy conservation regulations & standards (business operations, products)
- Stronger regulations on hazardous chemical substances
Short-term cost increases
- Rising cost of energy increases our costs (procurement, shipping, manufacturing, scrapping, etc.) directly and indirectly.
Decline of product competitiveness
- It will get harder to sell products that do not meet environmental regulations and standards.
- We will lose share if we cannot meet the needs of a market looking for environmentally conscious products.
Decline of corporate value
- Our image, evaluations (credit ratings, etc.), and share prices will decline if our business is not seen as environmentally conscious.
Increase of local disasters
- Flooding and other disasters can stop operations and cut the supply chain.
Growth of new markets
- Markets for products and services related to renewable energy and energy conservation are growing.
Differentiation with environmentally conscious products
- Being among the first to bring products that meet regulations, etc., to market and offering low-environmental impact products and services make us more competitive.
Better business performance through environmental management
- By running businesses that help solve environmental issues, we can enhance our corporate value and business performance.
Responding to natural disasters
- Demand for flood control and disaster prevention and response (e.g., securing the power supply) is rising.
Expand products’ contribution to the environment
- Expand sales of products related to renewable energy and energy conservation (wind, hydroelectric, and solar power equipment, EV/PHEV electric equipment, transformers, motors, inverters, etc.)
- Develop environmentally conscious products, implement new technologies (which are more compact, lightweight, efficient, energy-conserving, etc.)
Diversify financial assets
Reduce the environmental impact of business operations
- Promote energy conservation (capital investment, visualization, etc.)
- Promote the 3Rs, eliminate harmful chemicals
- Maintain water resources, consider biodiversity
Improve business efficiency
Promote environmental management
- Promote business risk management
- Strengthen value chain management
- Practice environmental communication (information disclosure, etc.)
Deploy infrastructure-support products during disaster
- (emergency power supply equipment, mobile power supply cars, UPSs, remote monitoring systems, etc.)